: Then, Again
Author: Karen Stivali
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: May 21, 2013
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Event organized by: Literati Literature Lovers
Sometimes you have to lose it all to find what you really need.
Photographer Kay Turner is dealt a double whammy when she flies home for her grandmother’s funeral to find her boyfriend with another woman. Now with two losses to mourn, she retreats to her newly inherited beach house to clear her head.
Everything at the beach is familiar: the sounds of the ocean, the scent of her grandmother’s perfume—and the irresistible smile of James Margolis. The man Kay spent her adolescence pining for is every bit as charming as she remembers.
James always thought of Kay as “a nice kid”, but he feels something very different for the woman she’s become. Especially when he asks if she’d be willing to part with some of her grandmother’s recipes for his new restaurant—and they wind up sharing much more than culinary secrets.
But as their relationship deepens, Kay finds herself caught between the demands of her dream career as a travel photographer, and a chance for happiness with the one man she’s wanted for a lifetime.
Warning: This foodie romance contains sensual scone baking, a heroine who discovers one bad apple hasn’t spoiled her appetite, and a delicious hero you can’t help but crave. Blend well, serve hot.
BARNES AND NOBLE http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/then-again-karen-stivali/1114503293?ean=9781619214675
1. James started cooking when he was away at college because he missed foods the foods he grew up eating.
2. He was raised in a small beach town and has to live near the ocean. It makes him antsy to not be near a coast.
3. While attending culinary classes in Tuscany James was asked to stay on at the school but he rejected the offer because he missed his family and the shore.
4. While growing up everyone thought James’ brother would be the one to go into the food industry, James was on a business track and wanted to go into finance. It was a surprise to everyone when James decided to risk everything and open a restaurant.
5. James had lifeguard training in his teens but never worked as a lifeguard though he did later use the training to save someone’s life after they got caught in a strong undertow.
6. When they were younger James knew that Kay had a crush on him and although she was way too young for him at the time he always had a soft spot for her.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Karen Stivali is a prolific writer, compulsive baker and chocoholic with a penchant for books, movies and fictional British men. When she's not writing, she can be found cooking extravagant meals and serving them to family and friends, who never seem to mind the excessive quantities she tends to prepare. She attributes her ability to multitask to the fact that she rarely sleeps, which gives her more hours every day. Prior to deciding to write full time Karen worked as a hand drawn animator, a clinical therapist, and held various food-related jobs ranging from waitress to specialty cake maker. Planning elaborate parties and fundraisers takes up what's left of her time and sanity.
Karen has always been fascinated by the way people relate to one another so she favors books and movies that feature richly detailed characters and their relationships. In her own writing she likes to explore the dynamics between characters and has a tendency to craft romantic tales filled with sarcasm and sexy details. Although she writes in three genres (erotic romance, contemporary romance and women's fiction) all of her stories are love stories with happily ever after endings.
Karen has published several erotic romance novels with Ellora's Cave including two award winning stories: Always You (published September 2011, First Place Winner of the RWA Passionate Plume Award - 2012)and Marry Me (published June 2012, First Place Winner in the NEC-RWA Bean Pot Reader's Choice Award - 2013).
Her works of women's fiction, Meant To Be, and its sequel, Holding On, (published by Turquoise Morning Press in August and November 2012, respectively) both made multiple Best of 2012 lists and are rated as true gems and recommended reads.
Karen's latest release, Then, Again is a contemporary foodie romance published by Samhain Publishing.
To learn more about Karen and all her upcoming books you can visit her website karenstivali.com where she blogs original recipes, sassy commentary on The Bachelor, and tidbits about her journey in the writing world. Karen can also be found attempting witty banter on Twitter